[opendtv] Re: Coupon expiration

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:18:22 -0400

Dan Grimes wrote:

> I might splurge on a DVD recorder with a built in hard
> drive if the price is right.  But I haven't reviewed my
> options.

Good choice, actually.

> The biggest issue is I don't want to waste my money if the
> broadcasters won't let me record.  The last DVD recorder I
> tried, which didn't have an ATSC tuner in it, would not
> always record.

Right, I had exactly the same experience.

Cliff and I appear to have the same Philips DVDR/PVR, only be aware that
it's SDTV only. I have yet to encounter a program that doesn't record.

The newest variant is, I believe, the DVDR 3576H/37. I got it online,
but I think WalMart also carries them. It has a 160 Gbyte hard drive.
Actually made by Funai, I believe.