[opendtv] Re: Coupon expiration

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:01:10 -0700

I might splurge on a DVD recorder with a built in hard drive if the price
is right.  But I haven't reviewed my options.  The biggest issue is I don't
want to waste my money if the broadcasters won't let me record.  The last
DVD recorder I tried, which didn't have an ATSC tuner in it, would not
always record.

NASCAR is now on TNT.

Dan

             "Manfredi, Albert
             E"
             <albert.e.manfred                                          To
             i@xxxxxxxxxx>             <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             opendtv-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       [opendtv]  Coupon expiration

             06/17/2008 03:20
             PM

             Please respond to
             opendtv@freelists
                   .org

(Been getting a lot of those ecartis warnings on the subject line)

Dan Grimes wrote:

> NASCAR is on cable now days so I can't even watch the one
> program I enjoyed coming from the networks, I am likely to
> go without any form of reception in Feb. '09.

Hey Dan, splurge! The Magnavox CECBs available at WalMart only cost $50.
They should be reasonably good, if their SDTV receiver is the same as
the one in my Philips SDTV PVR.

Also, don't ABC and Fox carry NASCAR on weekends? I think they do, in
the afternoon some Saturdays. And both transmit in HD. I don't follow
these races, but I have run across them from time to time, while fussing
around with my setup, and it's very good quality stuff.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image