[opendtv] Re: Cost of "good" vs. "bad" receivers

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:50:41 -0400

I'll tell you one feature I wish the Samsung box in my office had, and that
I hope is in the RFP from the NAB should also have, and that is an NTSC
tuner.

It is a pain and a half to switch between the Samsung DTV and cable NTSC on
my set.  I should be able to use one remote, one tuner, and one button press
to seamlessly surf between cable or OTA NTSC and ATSC.  The end of analog
OTA does not mean the end of NTSC!

John