[opendtv] Re: Cord Cutting? Sling TV Is a Great Concept, Just Not Ready For Prime Time Yet - TheStreet

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:20:51 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Sorry, but a slimmed down bundle is still a MVPD bundle.

Craig, you feel the urge to insist on this point only so you can justify your
previous notion that your "the bundle" was simply shifting over to the Internet.

The plain facts are, this is not the case. Other bundles, not "the bundle,"
exist online. And as I said before, getting stuck on just the word "bundle"
amounts to banality. There are obvious business and marketing reasons why it
makes little sense to re-create the exact, almost identical between providers,
MVPD model online, as I already explained many times.

Furthermore, the author of the title article calls Sling TV an OTT site, and
not an MVPD. So feel free to take it up with him.

>> And wouldn't you know it, Verizon is about to do a "me too."
>
> Too bad you cannot understand plain English. Verizon is
> going to try something different. No linear streams...

Keep up with the thread, Craig. Dish and Verizon are moving from the legacy
MVPD model to something new that exploits the Internet. As such, they cannot
create identical offerings - that would make no sense at all! Think it through
before arguing.