[opendtv] Re: Cord Cutting: Nielsen Casts Doubt on Trend | Variety

  • From: Daniel Grimes <dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:32:16 -0700

Purely anecdotal, but I'm not so sure that cord cutting won't grow in the
near future.

I am currently teaching an effects class and before each class I show a
clip with the use of effects from various TV shows, often ones from MVPD
networks. The students rarely recognize the shows, even ones as popular as
"Top Gear". Yet when I showed them "vines" from Zach King, a.k.a.
FinalCutKing, everyone had seen his "vines" or even had subscribed to his
"vine".

Personally, I think media distribution is going to shift dramatically in
the next generation.

Dan