[opendtv] Re: Copps proposes more FCC action

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 20:16:13 -0400

That almost certainly cannot be done now until we try it and find out
how well it works.

My own suggestion is we all argue pointlessly until the end of Feb 2009,
just to pass the time until we have some hard facts. ;-)

Then we can start arguing whether we need a mobile broadcasting standard
or just a very good mobile/wifi Internet standard that happens to also
supply video.

- Tom

Cliff Benham wrote:
Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Commissioner Copps suggests that the FCC has to give more specific
advice to consumers, for the DTV transition.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-285373A1.pdf

What about 'fixing' the 8VSB system or replacing it with something that actually works?