[opendtv] Re: Controversial VMAs puts fresh spotlight on the Televisio

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 08:47:01 -0700

Cliff wrote:

"Like the delete key on my PC, my TV has a channel change button.  I use
both quite liberally."

There are certainly ways to avoid programming we don't want in our living
rooms: we can set STBs to filter out channels based on TV ratings so our
kids can't tune to those channels.  But that really isn't the point: I
shouldn't have to FUND such programming. As the article states, and I have
preached so many times in the a la carte discussion, the real issue is " –
the ability to choose and pay for only the cable networks they want to
see."

Dan