[opendtv] Re: Controversial VMAs puts fresh spotlight on the

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 08:49:31 -0700

Craig wrote:

"Just as it is possible to make intelligent decisions with respect to
changing the channel to avoid undesirable content, it is also possible -
as is the case for [Cliff] and Bert - to just say no to the MVPD bundles."

I'm hurt that I was not honored to be named among the wise! ;)  I suppose
it is wrongful pride that I wish to align myself with this minority, the
non-subscribers (to MVPD).

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Unfortunately, the ability to access many forms of content - like the
FSU
> vs Pitt game last night - are limited to those who endure the MVPD
business
> model.

NASCAR went to cable and now I don't watch it.  I can honestly say that my
life didn't change (except that I take less "NASCAR Naps").  I wonder how
significant sports is on our lives.

From, CBS Returns, Triumphant, to Cable Box, By BILL CARTER, September 2,
2013:

"CBS and Time Warner Cable ended their protracted contract dispute Monday
evening with CBS winning not only a significant financial
increase for its programming, but also its stake in the digital future."

This statement tickled my brain.  Their analog future would still be solid
but their digital one was up in the air?  They would no longer be
available to viewers in those cities if they were not on an MVPD and their
media is exclusively on an MVPD?  I know there is more to this statement;
as an ATSC user, it just caught me funny.

Dan