[opendtv] Re: Content picture fuzzy for latest HDTVs

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:16:59 -0500

IMHO, and just guessing, I'd say that hardware resources (or lack of extra
thereof) drives this.  That is, there isn't enough extra hardware resources
(CPU, memory, etc) to support a full browser, and they've probably
shoe-horned in just enough of a browser to do /something/ (in this case, a
very limited walled garden).

And I'd doubt that the Opera/Linux connection has anything to do with
anything in the design of TVs.