[opendtv] Re: Content picture fuzzy for latest HDTVs

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:50:20 -0500

My Dish Network 622 has an Ethernet connector and a USB connector, both
fully functional.  I don't have to plug my telephone line into the box
anymore (it calls back via internet), and it also can get some content via
the net as well (what & how, I dunno, because I don't PPV).  Additionally,
it uses an external USB hard drive (or many, though one at a time) for
auxillary (long term) storage.

Both the Ethernet and USB connectors are easy and inexpensive for a
manufacturer.  But I sure don't want/need a web browser in my satellite box
(even if it is connected to the internet).  BTW, my Vudu box and also my
television have Ethernet connections as well.  One more device (the
yet-to-be-purchased BluRay player) and I'll have to upgrade the hub I use!
(go from 4 ports to 6 or 8)

Adam Goldberg
adam_g@xxxxxxxxx