[opendtv] Re: Comment: Complexity bites Apple, puts reputation at stake

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:27:48 -0400

Kon Wilms wrote:

> zero choice, and lemming-like experience

I think this describes to a T the way I see all of the iPod, iPhone, iPad
phenomena, and the evangelism they seem to foster. Lemming. Good word.

Back to the RF issues, if anything surprises me, it would be that variable bit
rates are only being experienced by some people. My thinking is, the problem is
probably there for all users, but maybe only some are aware of it? Craig is
probably right that software updates can at least make the problem less
objectionable.