[opendtv] Re: Comment: Complexity bites Apple, puts reputation at stake

  • From: Francis Martin <ednixon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

Jailbreak the thing, like any techie worth his salt has done on his iPhone. I'm
pretty sure jailbeoken iPads already exist,  removing the walls from that
garden.

Frank Martin
 http://mphbroadcastservices.com

Sent from my mobile

On Apr 10, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To be specific, the iPAD provides a clearly differentiated approach to the
next generation of affordable mobile media appliances. The Wintel minions
have been consumed in a race to the bottom, trying to condense the
essentials of desktop and notebook computing into lowest common denominator
netbooks. The iPad offers an alternative that may appeal to a wide range of
consumers who do not want or need to remain tightly coupled to the past.

*plays violin*

A touching analysis, Craig.

And the real analysis:

The iPad offers an alternative to the complex computing of today,
taking consumers back to the walled garden of controlled pay-for
content, zero choice, and lemming-like experience - brought to you by
the same company who promoted the single-button mouse!

"Remember kids, technology is hard. We dumb it down because we care
deeply about our pocket^H^H^H^H you."

Cheers
Kon