[opendtv] Re: Comment: Complexity bites Apple, puts reputation at stake

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:41:32 -0400

Seems to me that the iPad is similar to a laptop, in that it's a personal interactive device, much more compatible with Internet style interactive activity. The large screen TV in the family room is for a different user experience, much more like movie theaters. Whether the iPad offers enough user control or not I wouldn't know, not being into these personal toys much at all.

So the large screen in the living room should "ONLY" be used for TV and movies?

Better not hook up a video game console to it.

And let's get the family to huddle around the PC to plan that wedding or vacation. Heaven forbid that we could bring all of this stuff up on the big screen that everyone can see from the comfort of their easy chair or sofa.

The big screen is a DISPLAY...

Fortunately they now have lithographed pixels, are progressively scanned and have a variety of analog and digital inputs. You can even hook a multimedia PC up to them...

TVs are so 20th Century...