[opendtv] Re: Comcast is Clueless, too

  • From: "Richard C. Ramsden" <ramsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:37:17 -0400

The special interest groups sue the FCC and everyone else they can think of suing over things like Comcast using caching routers to improve browsing response time. That BS costs. Comcast is just applying the same. If the judicial system will invite the stupidest minor complaint, they deserve to be abused.

John, you are very well educated person. Maybe you've been lucky not to be educated in this area.

John Willkie wrote:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6496376.html

Suing the FCC for an “abuse of discretion” when they didn’t give you a WAIVER of a rule that you never intended to obey and which you have done everything to overturn, is about as futile as suing the company that installed the screen door in your submarine because the door wasn’t watertight.

I put their chance of success in this matter at 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %, perhaps it’s less. Suing is just Comcast’s way of avoiding the inevitable, again.

I’m beginning to wonder if they truly have the legal characteristics to be a cable system operator.

John Willkie jwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

www.EtherGuidesystems.com <http://www.EtherGuidesystems.com> / www.OurEPG.com <http://www.OurEPG.com>

Skype jmwillkie / Lab ++52 664 290-7526 / Mobile +1 619 770-5760