[opendtv] Re: Colombia and Argentina

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:24:51 -0400

ATSC has improved only for fixed reception when everyday that goes by
mobile and portable reception become more important for OTA. I don't
think any South American country ever really considered ATSC. They
only pretended to for political reasons.

The only countries that now have ATSC have it either because of
fraudulent testing, common borders or because, in the case of Korea,
one of their largest companies has more pull with its government than
its broadcasters did.

Maybe I will pack all the pleading for help emails I receives over a
number of years from Korean broadcasters trying to wiggle out of ATSC
and put them in an archive someday.

There is no country that now is using ATSC that choose it legitimately
or after due consideration or proper testing.

Bob Miller