[opendtv] Re: China OKs its own terrestrial DTV spec

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:28:38 -0400

Bert is right on CDMB-T/H. It will be two separate modulations, VSB and
TD-OFDM. Here are additional "facts" as I heard them.

There was a news report that said that only a part of VSB had been included
in one multicarrier standard for political reasons but of course I can't
find it now.

My source says...

No one has seen the modulation on paper yet.

Until such time anything can happen.

No one is supporting the VSB option either with receivers or transmitters.

It was included only to be "politically correct", to get past the argument.

The designation CDMB-T/H is BS made up by some reporter. The modulation is
still DMB-T/H.

So I guess we will see a shoot-out between the two modulations with equal
market conditions. But my source says its all over before it starts. No
support whatsoever for the VSB option.

Bob Miller