[opendtv] Re: Check SAP on FOX during NASCAR Race

  • From: Herb Ohlandt <herbohlandt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 13:12:14 -0400

NASCAR race  -  Monday, June 4, 2007  12:45pm - 1:00pm
Same compliment of audio on all three services - Stereo, SAP, Monaural.
All have complete commentary, music and sound effects.
The SAP channel has about 6 db lower level, reduced frequency response range and a clipped type tick, tick noise every few seconds which often correlates with audio edges-say raised voice, etc.

Same observations apply to promo and commercial segments.

Signal path - Channel 5 WNYW Fox station in New York delivered on analog Channel 5 of Cablevision in NJ.

Regards, Herb

dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:

If anyone is able, would you check the SAP for the Fox NASCAR race that is currently being broadcast (Monday 6/6/2007, 12 PM EST). I am monitoring it here in Las Vegas off cable and the SAP is exhibiting the problem I spoke of earlier.

Let me know if the SAP is different than the main stereo channel.

I'm calling KVVU now.

Dan