[opendtv] Re: Charles Rhodes on SFNs

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:38:39 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 8:30 PM
Subject: [opendtv] Re: Charles Rhodes on SFNs

John Shutt wrote:
I believe that early on, the Network O&O stations tried to use the
same channel in each major market, so you will see a lot of Channel 2
CBS stations, Channel 4 NBC stations, and Channel 7 ABC stations in
the major cities.

Sales over the years has broken up this pattern, but I think you'll
find that there are still many ABC 7s in the country.

John

Yes, I grew up in the Detroit area that had exactly that channel assignment.

- Tom

So did I, and I remember seeing the circle 7 logo in the movies all the time the Los Angeles ABC was also an O&O and used the same mic flags.