[opendtv] Re: Charging to Use "Free" Spectrum

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:06:48 -0600

John Shutt wrote:

> I won't begrudge a local station from trying to recoup part of
> that forced investment, even though there isn't much that ATSC is
> really good for other than being a placeholder for access to
> cable subscribers.

I think back at these oft-spoken opinions, when I watch my pristine TV HD video
and audio, downstairs and upstairs, with downstairs antenna sitting at
essentially ground level in den's fireplace, and sister complaining about
having to call out the "antennista" to make her DVB-T setup work at all.

To me, ATSC has been nothing but wonderful. Even in spite of the fact that the
FCC thought the VHF station big sticks could get by with less than 10 KW ERP!