[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:52:08 -0800

I guess I need to ask Regis about Enensys' plans for M/H support on these
units.

As to the studly PC, that's mostly due to the USB interface, and I suspect
that the upper bit limit on DVB-T/H would prevent that from being much of an
issue.  Even SCTE transport streams aren't usually above 38 mb/sec.

Even the Dektec PCI cards (which do less hardware processing than do the
DVEO/Computer modules hardware cards) have no problem rendering a single
program service on my 2.66 ghz single core Celeron box.  USB is a whole
different matter, though.

John Willkie

  _____