[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:45:27 -0800

This is my experience with this EVIL application as well.  It's a
non-starter to download the "newest" version just to determine the frame
rate of the video Craig pointed to, since I would have to redo all this
again.  Just to stream the video!  And, since Craig isn't paying attention,
I already have QuickTime (free version) for Windows loaded and installed.

John Willkie, who knows more than he needs to about QuickTime for Windows'
'media architecture'  (isn't that the same argument that caused the EU to
remove Windows Media Player from Windows platforms?)

From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>