[opendtv] Re: Can Samsung sue digital TV off the air?

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:02:09 -0400

Huh?  Without PSIP, using just PSI, yep.  Without PSI, using just PSIP, yep.

Using neither?  Nope.  You need PSI or PSIP (but not both) in order to figure
out which streams go together.  You also need one or the other in order to know
where to find the PCR.

You don't need any system-layer constructs in order to decode/present either
AC-3 or video (save for AV sync functions).