[opendtv] Re: Cablevision to appeal network DVR ruling

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:12:52 -0400

To me it seems exactly like retrans consent and is either allowed by the contract, forbidden, or still ambiguous. Though it may be somewhat ambiguous in the case of a broadcaster forcing must-carry. If anybody cared in those cases I think as a cable company I'd take the position I was granted the shifting rights.

- Tom

Dale Kelly wrote:
Craig wrote:

But this requires that the cable company obtain the rights to the content and share the revenues generated.

sort of like retransmission consent.....?
Dale