[opendtv] Re: Cablevision to appeal network DVR ruling

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:18:04 -0400

At 6:28 PM -0400 3/26/07, Bob Miller wrote:
Would it work if the end user was part of a co-op that stored and
forwarded content to members I wonder? There was someone I was talking
to in Canada that was doing this with MythTV in his home for his
neighbors as I remember it.

I seriously doubt it. The Hollywood type will try to shut down any attempt to copy their content. They are working hard to end personal Fair Use.

But things are different in Canada. I did an interview yesterday with a reported for the Edmonton paper. He noted that Rogers Cable now offers ala carte channel choices.