[opendtv] Re: CableLabs Proposes Specifications for OTA Reception in Cable Boxes

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:53:36 -0800

That's right, but it's a minor point, since they will start transitioning in
earnest in 2009, with an end date uncertain at this point.

The FCC has previously said that they will set the end date for LP analog
"after" the full service transition, so it's not so hard to imagine that the
date will be set in 2009.

Also, NTSC tuners will become less and less prevalent in TV sets starting in
2009, particularly at the lower end of the market.