[opendtv] Re: Cable in trouble??

  • From: "Cliff Benham" <cliff.benham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:46:14 -0500

Didn't youse guys read what Monty posted day before yesterday??????

QUOTE
Comcast Exceeds One Million HDTV-Capable Set-Top Boxes; Demand
     for HDTV Service Propelled by Super Bowl
     - Feb 2, 2005 11:34 AM (PR Newswire)

PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- As Super Bowl frenzy reaches a =
fever
pitch, Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), announced it has now
deployed more than one million high-definition television (HDTV)-capable
Digital Cable set-top boxes in customers' homes, adding more than =
800,000 of
them in 2004 alone.  In addition, Comcast has experienced a 143% =
increase in
the number of customers connecting HDTV sets to Comcast's HD service =
during
January 2005 versus January 2004.

     - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=3D46612126

UNQUOTE