[opendtv] Re: Cable cord cutting: not ready for prime time

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:58:29 -0800

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 4:30 PM -0600 2/1/11, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
>> That's one for Craig to watch, especially. Note: people want to vegge out
>> when they watch TV. They don't want their TV experience to become a PC
>> experience. They don't even necessarily want to choose from a menu. They
>> want live streams of familiar stuff they can just watch.
>
> Millions of Netflix subscribers veg out every day...

Yeah, case in point my kids: http://www.flickr.com/photos/konstantin/5378716720/

Seriously, if Netflix is not allowing you to veg out enough when
watching TV, then you have something wrong upstairs that probably only
a full frontal lobotomy can solve.

> 1. Much of the most desirable content is not available Over-the-top.

Made so by a constant bombardment of ads. If you happen to block ads
in your browser and cut the cord completely, this becomes a moot
point. I honestly couldn't tell you what is out in theaters at the
moment or what the 'hottest' tv series is. I do however know that when
I turn on Netflix there is so much content available that it in itself
is a sensory overload.

I'm not buying anything in this anti-cord cutting video.

Cheers
Kon