[opendtv] Re: COFDM and equalization

  • From: "John Willkie" <jmwillkie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:29:30 -0700

Synchronous transmission is old hat; was perfected several decades ago for
TV and FM.

What has kept it from widespread use that that the atomic clock required at
each transmit point cost more than were "ecomonically justified."  I don't
know if you can get the same degree of precision as is required with GPS.
I'd tend to doubt it:  the deltas are in wave phase, not the number of
waves.