[opendtv] Re: CNET: HBO Now to be sold through Cablevision too

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:53:28 -0400

Craig wrote:

> Once again, Net Neutrality has nothing to do with this. There has been no
> interruption of HBO service from any middleman or broadband service. MVPDs
> can
> keep offering the streaming service with HBO Go and get the 50% split, or add
> HBO Now for their broadband only customers and get the 30% split.

There have recently been at least three articles that contradict you, Craig.
HBO was unable to get their direct to consumer service set up, until
Cablevision agreed. One company. Did you really not understand the point of the
article at all? Astonishing.

With net neutrality as the law of the land, HBO would be allowed to put its
content, direct to consumer, on any ISP net is decides. No need for any special
deals.

These multiple articles explain exactly why we need Title II, or something
similar, for broadband. Because yes indeed, content is being blocked.

Read the articles again and again, Craig, until you understand the words
written in them. And then if you want to disagree, explain what words in those
articles are false, and provide evidence. Make it plain as day that you are not
accepting the content of those many articles.