[opendtv] Re: CGMS-A issues

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:29:14 -0500

John Shutt wrote:

> What exactly is your setup?  ATSC box > PVR-DVD recorder?

Yes, that too. Also straight analog to DVDR.

For ATSC box to DVDR, I use the Y/C interface between the Accurian and
the Philips. It's the best of the viable options, and it works very
well.

But it's not the digital that has given the copy protection problems. So
far, anyway, it has only happened in straight analog recording. I try
never to do analog recording anymore, but unfortunately the current crop
of ATSC STBs don't have timers on them that allow channel switching. So
sometimes I still do recording from NTSC, and that's when they can screw
up a good thing.