[opendtv] Re: CES Buzz Missing on STB

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:50:27 -0800

Non-issue.  ABC, NBC and CBS want affiliates that produce daily local news.
Fat chance that will happen; cable is in the pipe business, not the
content-creation business.

And, in case you missed it, the local stations these days pay money to the
networks in most case (negative comp).  So, it would be cable chasing it's
own tail.

CW and MyNetworkTV aren't as picky.

John Willkie