[opendtv] CES Buzz Missing on STB

  • From: Don Moore <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:00:28 -0500

Not one mention of a STB innovation or hot new integrated HDTV receiver from this year's CES. As we talk in our small circle about OTA HDTV, the public seems to be excited about alternative delivery systems of content that effectively by-passes the local broadcasters.

The networks are making deals that eliminate the local broadcasters to put their programming on iPods, cell phones and computers. They have already sold their broadcast exclusive content to cable and dvd distributors, effectively giving the viewer an option to wait as little as a week to watch what used to be exclusively a broadcast property.

Doesn't anyone see this going somewhere?

Don Moore