[opendtv] Re: CEA White Paper

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:12:25 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

huh?

By limiting the amount of commercial messages carried per hour
(antitrust/restraint of trade) the NAB was carrying out a public service?

Stations still follow the code -- aside from commercial limits -- they just
don't display the seal once a week or more.

What aspects of the code do you think broadcasters don't now offer?

Media reflects society; sometimes badly, in a distorted way.  Media has always
been accused of demeaning culture for offering content.  It's only demeaning if
it is consumed.

I have never seen more than 10 seconds of any episode of a reality show, with
the exception of the last episode of the first season of survivor.

And, I specifically remove "Breaking Bonaduce" from the genre.   It's close to
reality, with little or no staging.  Fascinating: but maybe that's because I
despise Danny Bonaduce and his ilk.