[opendtv] Re: CEA Survey: 10% Of Pay-TV Households Plan To Cut Cord In 2011

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:57:46 -0400

As expected, to me it's entirely the opposite.

Is having to deal with the walled garden, including unnecessary proprietary hardware imposed on me whether I want it or not, worth buckling under and playing dead? Just because they have 150 channels of nothing to watch? No.

If they change their way of operating, I might reconsider. Until they do, I see no need to comply.

As expected...

Maybe I'm just different...

If there's "nothing to watch," I don't turn on the TV.

I don't think we have turned it on in 3-4 days.