[opendtv] Re: CBS and NCB signal the end of 'prime-time' TV

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:58:54 -0500

>I certainly wouldn't get excited about such a
>destruction of TV broadcasting. Not saying it can't
>happen. Just saying it's only something a marketing
>mogul could love.

Excuse me Bert, but I think I have been agreeing with you that
selling current TV shows will not destroy "the big net" of advertiser
supported television. I just wrote an column today advocating that
broadcasters create a platform so that they can deliver and get paid
for these downloads too.

TV broadcasters are destroying themselves by ignoring the opportunity
to create a competitive digital television platform to exploit their
considerable advantages.