[opendtv] CBS Color Wheel TV Lives!

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:17:35 -0400

James T. Hawes, Proprietor of  'Hawes Mechanical Television Archive'
http://www.hawestv.com/
has graciously added the pictures and text describing the
CBS Color Wheel TV Monitor I built on his very fine web site.

This is a work in progress, the wood case for which is still under
construction.
I acquired a very old oil-filled TV magnifier lens from the 1940s which will
be installed in front of the CRT within the next few weeks. This will
make a
12 inch picture instead of the present 8 inch view shown in the last photo.

Here is the URL for this part of the Archive:
http://www.hawestv.com/mtv_slides/benhamA.htm

Please look at all the other Mechanical TV projects on this site.
You will then more greatly appreciate what you have to make
TV pictures with today.

Thanks for looking.

Cliff