[opendtv] Re: Broadcasting is 100 years old

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:48:51 -0500

On 12/26/06, flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 It occurs to me that in 100 years we have come full circle.

 The article below stated that very few people could receive Fessenden's
transmission
 unless they were "equipped with Fessenden's wireless receivers' or maybe
there were
 some early crystal radios in the hands of experimenters that night.

 At any rate, here we are, 100 years later and very few in the U.S. can
receive free over the air
 digital TV transmissions because there are relatively few receivers either
for sale or that work.

 Tonight's ABC World News program added to the problem by stating that most
people can't
 get digital TV because they don't realize they need a subscription for it.

 With disinformation like that at the network level,  OTA will be gone soon
after  2009.

I choked on that to. But that is the state of OTA education today.
What will it be on the day after analog turnoff?

Bob Miller