[opendtv] Re: Broadcasters Lobby FCC for Cross-Ownership and Duopolies

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:34:51 -0400

Well put, Dan.

Having fiber to every home and claiming that you have 'infinite bandwidth' is
like looking at my basement circuit breaker panel, noting that I have 40
circuits, each with a 20 amp breaker, and concluding that I have 'infinite
amperage' available, or at least 800 amps available.  I fail to notice the 100
amp breaker that feeds the entire panel until I try to use all 20 amps from all
40 circuits, and the main breaker trips.

John