[opendtv] Re: Broadband DTV interferers

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:56:42 -0800

Bert wrote:
> I don't even think that's strong enough of a counter-argument.
> What Craig continues to re-forget, with every iteration of this
> topic....

I agree with your conclusions and also that my counter argument was half
hearted but I simply am not inclined to waist much energy dealing with his
circular ramblings.

Much more interesting to me is Charlie Rhodes introduction of even another
serious source of D/U signal interference in the UHF band. The referenced
article can be found at the following: www.tvtechnology.com\rhodes
Clearly, DTV reception is good in many areas but marginal to unusable in
others where, on the surface, one might not suspect such problems would
exist.

BTW, channel 37 wouldn't technically be considered as a Taboo channel since
it is reserved for radio astronomy. Charlie used that channel in combo "such
as" reference.

Hopefully the white spaces folks know that Ch.37 can't be used......

Dale