[opendtv] Re: Brazil

  • From: "Mark A. Aitken (Webmail)" <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Shutt <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:13:48 -0400 (EDT)

I think (just me perhaps...) that a real advantage for ISDB-T is that in "the
transition", every Broadcaster in Sao Paulo can get a 'slice' of spectrum.
There is not enough spectrum for a '6MHZ (analog) + 6MHz (digital)'
allocation. There is (I believe) enough for a roughly '6MHz (analog) + 3MHz
(digital)' in the interum, providing a way to get a full 6MHz in the future
(politics willing).

Just my observation, having at one point of my life spent some time there and
debating exactly this (and other) issues.

Mark

Quoting John Shutt <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>:

> In any case, after the conclusion that the Japanese were willing to
> offer
> the most subsidies to Brazil, this report conveniently shows that ISDB-T
>
> comes out on top.
>
> John

Regards,

Mark A. Aitken