[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:18:29 -0400

At 7:26 PM -0400 7/16/07, Barry Brown wrote:
Maybe I'm in a unique location and situation, but I reliably receive all eight local DT channels (plus some sub-channels) using a fixed attic antenna and all these channels appear in an integrated EPG from a Dish 622 receiver. I'm 35 miles from the antenna farm and couldn't be happier. I see no need for LIL. It's a waste of spectrum space, AFAIC.

Looks like you are far enough away from the transmitters to get reliable reception without having to aim the antenna or deal with significant multipath issues. If you lived in an apartment in the urban core of the market it might be a different matter.

But you also need to ask yourself how many people in your market would bother putting an antenna in the attic?