[opendtv] Re: Bob likes COFDM

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:13:03 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> You clearly do not have a clue about that which you
> are speaking. Independent broadcasters struggle to
> survive unless they are in large markets where they
> can collect the crumbs that the O&O stations cannot
> feed upon. If you want to make money as a
> broadcasters you need to be affiliated with one of
> the big five, or you need to be in a major market.
> There is no comparison.
>
> Well maybe one. Try getting a locally produced food
> item onto the shelves of a big grocery chain.

Ah. Progress.

Try to compete against Gillette and Schick with a new
razor.

Try to compete against Procter & Gamble with cleaning
products.

Try to get a new brand of olive oil on supermarket
shelves.

Try competing against the established auto companies
with a new car (Bricklin, DeLorean?).

I'm not saying it isn't difficult to break into the
TV market as an independent producer. I'm only trying
to put this in context, Craig. Compared to what?