[opendtv] Re: Blue Ray and HD DVD regional coding

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:14:49 -0400

Hmmm.... I found info on your display here:

<http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?
slg=ENG&cat=FLAT_TV_CA&sct=PLASMA_LARGE_32_42_SU&grp=TV_GR&session=20060
613110831_209.151.137.135&ctn=42FD9954/69C&mid=Link_UserManuals&hlt=Link
_UserManuals>

but there is absolutely no mention of HDCP.  If it doesn't have it,
then you will not be able to use a DVI connection from a Blu-ray or
HD DVD player at all.  The news isn't all bad though...so far, the
studios have agreed not to use the Image Constraint Token (which
would force 960x540p on the component outputs) on HD discs, so you
will be able to get full resolution via an analog component video
connection.  At least for the time being!