[opendtv] Re: Barton Legistlation

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:29:50 -0500

Actually I think the spend a lot more time raising money than on policy
and they will admit that to anyone who asked. From what I have seen in
DC a given elected official may have a couple of areas of personal
interest where they know something and get excited and the rest they
depend on their LA's for policy.

These assistants can be very helpful and interested but even when you
convince them of something it is another matter for them to put it in
the face of their boss and an impossible task for them to advocate for
it if it is not the current received wisdom.

You never know though, maybe if I sent in a couple thousand to an out of
state Senator that would help.

Bob Miller