[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:39:12 -0400

When I see things like this:
*Scan Velocity Modulation
*Controls the scanning speed of the electron beam, creating sharp
transitions between the light and dark portions of the picture with
crisp edges and outstanding clarity.

I question how much of the piece is real? Correct me if I am wrong, but
this (Scan Velocity Modulation) makes little sense in a LCD (or am I way
off track...what is to be gained?). What is one to believe?

--

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken Director, Advanced Technology

***********************************
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

" Never talk defeat. Use words like
hope, belief, faith, victory."
~ ~ Norman Vincent Peale ~ ~

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.