[opendtv] Re: Back from ***The Tech Retreat***

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:38:12 -0500

Jeroen Stessen wrote:

> My own presentation can be viewed at:
> http://data.memberclicks.com/site/hopa/2007_Presentation_Stessen.ppt

Excellent presentation, Jeroen. I found myself having to check back to
the MacAdams ellipses quite often, to see whether the different gamuts
in your many examples really mattered all that much. Most interesting.

Looks like the biggest bang for the buck is to extend Rec.709 gamut
toward the red, at the bottom, and toward the red and yellow at the
bottom right, which seem like small differences in the gamut diagrams.
Not such a big deal to extend up in the greens, even though that seems
like the biggest change with digital cinema. I'll bet it's the red and
yellows improvements that people notice most in digital cinema.

Thanks for making these available.