[opendtv] Re: BBTI at NAB for Viacel

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:22:24 -0700

Methinks that this unit will already support the broadcast flag, since
otherwise they would have to make entirely new circuit boards after
"selling" this unit for three months.

But, then, I tend to stick to commercial and technical realities.  Not
everyone does.

It would appear that the price floor for commercial/professional units that
will not support the bf (per fcc regs) will be $1500.  Sencore showed a unit
at NAB, and I know of another company that, upon my suggestion, is planning
to offer a similar unit, with USB output.  If only those Sencore folks had
offered volume discounts, I wouldn't have needed to seek a second source.