[opendtv] Re: BBC Trust gives thumbs up to Freesat

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:58:10 -0700

Just further rationalizing the licence fee, if you ask me.  Isn't it about
time to finally remove what is left of the BBC's monopoly and scrap the
licence fee -- assuming that brits are qualified to select their own
entertainment choices without the boot of the government over them?

Of course, you might end up with more BBC-produced and distributed
programmes where contestants try to remove a woman's bra without using
hands.  Not to mention the permanent opposition that constitutes much of
BBC\s domestic news coverage ...

John Willkie