[opendtv] Re: BBC DTT HDTV trials

  • From: "Nick Kocsis" <kocsis_nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:45:13 -0500

Interesting report indeed !   However it must be given a careful reading.
Comments favouring a view harmonizing with one's techno-political bias can lead
to unwarranted conclusions.

The tests actually extended into October 2006.  Given the recording, analysis
and preparation time required before presentation, the report was likely tabled
no earlier than November 2006.  The stated intention is to do further testing
at a future date (seems to me we heard that one before years ago from the ATSC
consortium and we are still waiting for it !)  One would be wise to hold
judgement until such tests are conducted and tabled.