[opendtv] Re: Automakers Oppose HD Radio Requirement

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:23:24 -0700

It doesn't, in my mind.

I am not for the ATSC tuner mandate.  I do not agree with the forced
digital conversion, including the use of ATSC.  In fact, I think the
entire digital conversion process was for strictly political reasons and I
don't think it had the citizen's best interest in mind.

But I do not have the insider knowledge that so many on this discussion
board have so I could be wrong.  Or perhaps it was a good idea that was
overtaken by other interests.

Dan

"John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/15/2008 02:10 PM
Please respond to
opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[opendtv] Re: Automakers Oppose HD Radio Requirement

And this differs from mandating ATSC tuners in all televisions how?

John